Admissions and Records
Petition for Exemption of Registration Enrollment Procedures (Title 5 Ed Code 58108)
Requirements for priority registration
New and Returning Students
An online application for admissions must be submitted by the following:
- First time students who have never registered for classes at Fullerton or Cypress College.
- Former students returning after an absence of one or more terms.
To qualify for priority registration, new students MUST complete the following:
- Online Orientation – completed in MyGateway
- Assessment – completed via high school transcript in the Fullerton College Assessment Center or through a counselor
- Student Education Plan – completed with a counselor
Students enrolled in a course for the previous primary semester (Fall or Spring) and will receive a grade or a “W” are considered Continuing Students for the upcoming semester and may qualify for priority registration.
To qualify for priority registration, continuing students MUST:
- Not have exceeded 100 units (not including units in basic English, Math, or ESL.
- Be in good academic standing:
- Not have been academically dismissed
- Not have been on probationary status for two consecutive terms
- Have completed 75% or more of their units with A, B, C, CR, P
If the above requirements have been met, registration appointments will be based on units/hours earned at both Fullerton and Cypress Colleges. Having attended both institutions requires adding units/hours earned from both colleges.
Number of units/hours earned can be determined by logging onto myGateway, click Student Records, click View Unofficial Web Transcript.
Please read the above requirements, this petition is a formal request for an exemption to Registration Enrollment Procedures (Title 5 Ed Code 58108). A student may appeal the loss of priority enrollment status due to extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the student. All petitions will be reviewed by the Dean of Admissions and Records and the college Registrar. A decision will be emailed to you within 10 working days. A current education plan must be on file prior to submitting this petition.
To begin the petition process please email firstname.lastname@example.org, please provide name, student ID number and reason for petition.