Admissions and Records

Getting Started at Fullerton College

Undocumented, AB540, DACA


Fullerton College is an inclusive institution that offers our students exceptional opportunities to learn, grow and achieve their goals. It is our hope that your experience here is a formative and fulfilling time for you.

Student Data Protection

Fullerton College will not release any personally identifiable student information, including any data related to immigration status, without a judicial warrant, subpoena, or court order, unless authorized by the student or required by law.

Students can be confident that based on federal and state law, any information they submit on their college admission applications will not put themselves or their families at risk.

Directory information, which includes name, dates of attendance, and other factors can be considered public information. Students may request that the college restrict access to their directory information by contacting the Admissions or Registrar’s Office.

Steps to Success

Step One - Apply for Admission
  • Visit and complete our Online Application for your first step in becoming a Fullerton College student.
  • Special Instructions
    • A Social Security Number is not needed to apply. Reporting a Social Security Number or Individual Tax Payer Identification Number on the application is optional. If you have received an SSN through DACA or you have an ITIN, you may report it. If you do not want to provide it, or do not have one, you will be asked to check a box at the bottom of the page labeled “Check this box if you do not have a Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, or decline to provide one at this time.”
    • If you do not have a current valid immigration status, choose “Other” from the drop-down menu and click the box labeled “No documents” on the Citizenship/Military section of the application.
    • If applying for the Summer or Fall terms before your high school graduation, please indicate the date when you will be graduating and answer “yes” to “Did you receive your diploma, GED, or certificate in California” on the Education section of the application.
    • On the Education section of the application, if you will have attended 3 years or more of high school in California by the time you graduate, please answer “yes” to “Have you attended high school in California for three or more years”.
Step Two- Apply for Financial Aid and Submit AB540

California Dream Act Application (CADAA)

  • Qualifying undocumented students in California can fill out the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) to receive state financial aid. Find Complete the California Dream Act Application, additional information, and FAQs at
  • As part of the CADDA students can complete the California Non-resident tuition exemption request (AB540/SB68/SB2000)

California Non-resident tuition exemption request (AB540/SB68/SB2000)

  • AB 540 exempts students (including undocumented students) who meet eligibility requirements from out-of-state tuition fees.
  • SB 68 is an expansion of AB 540 to include adult schools and CA Community Colleges (non-credit and credit classes) attendance and other graduation or degree requirements.
  • Please visit here for more information and requirements for AB540/SB68
    • You can also visit the CA in-state tuition tool ( for an interactive quiz to determine whether you have the attendance and degree requirements to apply for in-state tuition in California.
    • Download the AB540 FAQ for a comprehensive overview!
    • Click here to download the AB540 form.
Step Three - Grads To Be Academic Counseling
  • Education Plan/Counseling
    • Once you have completed your application for admission, we recommend you schedule an appointment with a Grads To Be counselor to develop an educational plan and determine the appropriate course(s) selection for your program of study.
    • Schedule an appointment!
  • Placement
    • Students will need to complete the placement process before their enrollment in Math, English, Reading, ESL, or Chemistry courses.
    • Please refer to the link “English, Reading, Math, and ESL Placement Guide” on the Assessment Center website for information about the placement process
  • Orientation
    • Orientation is intended to make your transition to Fullerton College as easy as possible.
    • Available online, no appointment needed
    • Visit Online Orientation for more information.
Step Four - Register for Classes
Step Five - Connect with the Grads to Be Program

The Grads to Be (G2B) Program at Fullerton College supports undocumented students and students with mixed status families through services that include academic counseling, G2B staff advising appointments, immigration legal aid clinics, workshops, events, and more. G2B is staffed with knowledgeable individuals that can offer students a dedicated space to get support.

For more information, please contact the G2B Program: In-Person: Building 200, Room 212 (after safely returning to campus) | Phone: (714) 992-7105 | Email: | Visit their Website & Sign up for their Newsletter: | Join their G2B Canvas Resource Page | Follow them on Instagram | Like the G2B Facebook Page

Admissions & Records

Resource & Support Staff

For Undocumented Students


Jacqueline Jara
Admissions & Records Specialist

Picture of Danielle Sixtos

Danielle Sixtos
Admissions & Records Specialist


Suzanna Melendez
Admissions & Records Specialist

Picture of Negin Barmaki

Negin Barmaki
Admissions & Records Student Services Coordinator

Rena Martinez Stluka

Rena Martinez Stluka
Director, Admissions and Records