Admissions and Records
If a course is listed in the College Catalog as “Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option,” a student may choose to take the course with a Pass/No Pass (P/NP) grade.
The Pass/No Pass grade option is available for Fall 2021 courses through the add deadline of the course.
Receiving a Pass/No Pass demonstrates that a student completed the course but may or may not have passed the course.
- “Pass” is equivalent to the satisfactory grade of “C.” In addition, a “P” will award units completed, but will not be computed into the grade point average.
- “No Pass” is a substandard grade, equivalent to the grades of “D” or “F.” Fall 2021, “NP” grades will not be computed into the grade point average and will not enter into calculations for progress probation or dismissal.
The Pass/No Pass grade option may impact your educational and transfer plans. We encourage you to speak to a counselor. They can advise you on your best options toward degree/certificate completion and transfer. https://vpss.fullcoll.edu/student-services-remote/
Fall 2021 – Steps to update to Pass/No Pass
- Login to myGateway
- Click ‘Update Grade to Pass/No Pass’ in the Registration Tools box
- Click on the drop down arrow located next to the course you want to change to P/NP
- Click Submit
- You will see a confirmation message “changed by student” in the grade mode field.
Pass/No Pass Exception
Note: If you are not able to update your course to Pass/No Pass via myGateway you may petition for an exception. The deadline to submit a Extenuating Circumstance Petition for an exeption is Sunday December 5th, 2021.