In accordance with California Education Code Section 76370 and North Orange County Community College District Policy Section 5009, a student may “audit” designated courses under the following conditions:
- Students may audit a course only if they have previously taken the course at Fullerton College and received a passing grade or taken the course in the maximum time allowable.
- A Petition to Audit must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office by the add deadline of the course.
- Students enrolling in a course for credit will be given priority over students auditing.
- The petition must include both the instructor’s and division dean’s signature.
- Fees charged for auditing college courses are subject to change, $15 per unit, FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- For variable unit courses, the fee charged will be for the maximum number of units.
- Students who audit will be required to adhere to all rules and regulations established for the course, including attendance. Instructors are not required to administer tests or distribute test materials to students who are auditing a course.
- No record of auditing or grade will be noted on the student’s transcript.