Prerequisite Clearance Information
Clear your Prerequisites before your registration date!
Before your online registration date check to see if your class has a prerequisite. Prerequisites must be cleared prior to enrollment. Plan ahead and take care of this as early as possible to avoid waiting in long lines and possible delays to your enrollment in important classes.
You are automatically cleared if:
- You are currently enrolled in the appropriate prerequisite course at Cypress College or Fullerton College.
- You have completed the appropriate prerequisite course at Cypress College or Fullerton College
- You have tested into a particular course level in English, ESL, Reading, and Math by taking the appropriate placement test.
- For Fullerton College chemistry students: you have taken the Chemistry assessment test at Fullerton College and received the appropriate score for placement.
If prerequisite course was completed at another college/university:
- Visit the Fullerton College Counseling Center to obtain prerequisite clearance.
- Provide the Counseling Center with proof of course completion (transcripts with a grade of “C” or better). For out of state and private universities/colleges, you must also provide supporting documentation (course descriptions or outlines).
- Courses completed prior to 1995 must be accompanied with a copy of course descriptions.
- Please allow a minimum of 2 working days for processing time.
- Check the outcome of your petition by logging onto myGateway.
- On the myGateway homepage, check under Registration Tools
- Click on Registration Status
- Select a Term
- Pre-requisite Clearance is under Registration Permits & Overrides
- If your petition has been denied, an email notification will be sent to you.
Because classes fill up very quickly, it is recommended that you take care of this as soon as possible to avoid possible delays to your enrollment in important classes.